Tuesday, July 28, 2015

A Swim Day in Bathurst

So yesterday I got this text.  It would seem that Joan couldn't find anyone else to hang out with missed me terribly and was looking to catch up. For those readers who did not get an A+ in Australian geography, that is a significant drive!
  This Canadian is willing to go long distances for promises of a sauna and hot tub.  

They far exceeded my expectations.  I swam for 20 minutes and then rewarded myself with multiple tours through BOTH the dry and steam sauna, with intermittent cold showers and dips in the hot tub Scandinavian style.

There are no photos of me in a bathing suit.

The only way to convince me to leave was to promise me food.  I love food and heat in equal measure.  We had a lovely lunch and then walked across the street to the Salvation Army to buy a garlic press.  There were four partial garlic presses.  All missing the mesh that is required to actually press garlic... We managed to piece one complete unit together.  We paid $1 for it and went to leave.
 On our way out someone brought two awesome bar stools in to donate them.  I exclaimed "I want those!!!" And the guy said "take them, they're yours". Awesome. So we pack them up in the truck.
  Then the guy from the store comes out and asked if we've paid for them yet.  Ummm, pardon?  Oh crap!

So I run back in the store and offer them money, but they won't take it from me.  So we head off with our red hot bar stools, pass the sobriety test:
  and call it a successful day trip.

Can't wait to do it again!

Dave went to use the garlic press on tonight's dinner. Unfortunately it broke after one clove. Booooo garlic press!

No comments: